The Conversion of Hesketh Hall into 14 apartments, in a mix of one and two bed units was completed in May 2014 and officially opened 12th December 2014. Hesketh Hall was designed by J.J. Talbot and built in 1902/3 as a Technical Institute. Changes in work patterns and social circumstances following world War 1, saw the buildings second phase of use emerge as the headquarters of the Port Sunlight branch of the Royal British Legion, providing concert halls, a billiard room and other social facilities. The British Legion vacated the building in 2012 and the Port Sunlight Village Trust raised the funds to restore the badly neglected building and convert the structure for residential use. Alterations to the exterior are minimal and much of the interior character has been retained. The project was a finalist in the building restoration category at the 2015 Northern Design.